Tuesday, March 30, 2010

E-mail from Judy Evens: RLEVOICE@aol.com

Ron,
The other day we were approached by a woman after Rick sang at a nursing home. I think she meant this as a compliment but she said "Why are you wasting your time singing here. You need a big stage. Such a waste." Rick told her his usual reply "I do it because I love it and for many of these folks I touch what they remember." She shook her head and walked away.
Yesterday we got a call from Beverly Brown. Her mother had been a resident at Sunrise Englewood. She passed on Monday. Beverly said that her mother loved Rick and actually made sure that when he was at the nursing home they get her out to the living room so she could hear him sing. She was a little bitty woman. Her family would always make it a point to be there also. Beverly said her mother didn't come out of her room to often but she always did when Rick sang. She asked Rick to sing for her funeral today. She asked that Rick do Amazing Grace and The Lord's Prayer. The last time he was at Sunrise she was so feeble she couldn't come out and he went back and sang to her. We sat and talked about this this morning and Rick said. "If that lady who said I needed a stage was here now I would tell her I now have a world stage."
I thought I would share this with you. How profound the impact of music is and what a really necessary thing this is. A world's stage with all the souls of heaven watching and listening. It doesn't get any better than that. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment