Monday, August 13, 2012

overzealous jazz fan correction

Egg on my face! Guess I've heard too much great jazz by too many talented musicians to keep them all straight all the time. I must make some corrections to what I wrote about the Josh Adkin Quntet that opened for George Benson at the Fraze on 8-11-12. Yes Melvin Broach was the drummer but no doubt both he and Eddie Brookshire would be surprised by the fact I linked the two together in The Eddie Brookshire Quintet. Fenton Sparks is the excellent drummer who plays with The Eddie Brookshire Quintet. Melvin Broach is longtime drummer par excellance' associated with The Broach Approach, along with Mike Wade. And last but not least, while Eddie Bayard is an outstanding sax player from Cincinnati and always worth the trip, it is former Cincy sax player Stacy Dillard that is taking New York by storm. Just check it out on Google/You Tube. In fact, you can check out all these wonderful jazz musicians on Google and You Tube. I still wish I had been there to hear the opening act for George Benson.

No comments:

Post a Comment