Friday, June 22, 2012

Jim "jazz guitar" Smith & band camp finale!

I did see a few of you there tonight at the Miami Valley Jazz Band Camp grand finale. It is always enjoyable to see how the new generation of jazz musicians and jazz fans are doing. But first I must make a correction to my Stubbs Park Wednesday evening performance comments. As I walked into the auditorium tonight, one of the first people that I saw in the audience was jazz guitar aficionado Jim Smith. Jim was also in the audience last night at the DJO performance BUT he was also in the final performances by the smaller group of band camp teachers, playing his usual wonderful guitar. Somehow I omitted his name, even have it written down in my notes, but as soon as he offered me a seat and I sat down beside him a HUGE light bulb came on in my mind - oops, I left Jim Smith off the performance list. My apologies Jim and thank you for your hospitality and the conversation this evening. Glad to hear that the jazz program at Central State is alive and well. There will be more on the Jazz Camp finale to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment